University of Oulu

Pudasjärven Lakarin koulu : rakennushistoriaselvitys ja viitesuunnitelmat

Saved in:
Author: Hietala, Meri-Tuuli1
Organizations: 1University of Oulu, Faculty of Technology, Oulu School of Architecture
Format: ebook
Version: published version
Access: open
Online Access: PDF Full Text (PDF, 182.9 MB)
Pages: 178
Persistent link: http://urn.fi/URN:NBN:fi:oulu-202106178437
Language: Finnish
Published: Oulu : M.-T. Hietala, 2021
Publish Date: 2021-06-21
Thesis type: Master's thesis (tech)
Reviewer: Soikkeli, Anu-Sisko
Lassila, Anssi
Description:

Tiivistelmä

Tutkielmapainotteisen diplomityön aiheena oli laatia rakennushistoriaselvitys, viitesuunnitelmat ja esteettömyystarkastelu osaksi Pudasjärven Lakarin koulun peruskorjauksen hankeselvitystä. Työ on laadittu tilaustyönä Pudasjärven kaupungille lukuvuonna 2020–2021.

Kohderakennukset ovat Lakarin koulun kaksi vanhinta osaa, jotka on rakennettu vuosina 1884 ja 1929. Lakarin koulun rakennuksilla on kulttuurihistoriallista arvoa, sillä ne on todettu maakunnallisesti arvokkaaksi rakennetun kulttuuriympäristön kohteeksi Pohjois-Pohjanmaan rakennettu kulttuuriympäristö 2015 -päivitysinventoinnissa.

Koulun vanhin osa on Pudasjärven ensimmäinen koulurakennus, joka rakennettiin vuonna 1872 perustettua Pudasjärven kansakoulua varten. Toinen kohderakennus rakennettiin aikanaan koulun laajennukseksi. Rakennukset ovat suorakaiteen muotoisia, hirsirunkoisia ja satulakattoisia kansakoulurakennuksia. Rakennusten julkisivut on vuorattu punamullan sävyyn maalatulla rimalomalaudoituksella ja ikkunat ovat puisia ruutuikkunoita. Rakennukset muodostavat pihapiirin 1920-luvulta säilyneiden piharakennusten kanssa. Koulun ympäristölle leimallisen ilmeensä antaa korkea lehtikuusikuja, joka istutettiin tien varteen koulun kohdalle vuonna 1888.

Rakennukset ja niiden pihapiiri ovat säilyneet ulkoisesti yleisilmeeltään pääosin vuoden 1929 mukaisessa asussa, joka on samalla toisen kohderakennuksen ja piharakennusten alkuperäisasu. Muita keskeisiä muutosvaiheita ovat olleet vanhimman rakennuksen tilamuutokset vuosina 1949 ja 1950, sosiaalitilojen lisäys ja lisäeristys 1970-luvun lopulla sekä koneelliseen ilmanvaihtoon siirtyminen ja käsityötilojen rakentaminen vanhimpaan rakennukseen vuonna 1994. Vuoden 1929 muutoksia voidaan pitää koko pihapiirin arvokkaimpana muutosvaiheena. Rakennusten sisäpuolinen säilyneisyys ja kohteen eheys ovat merkittävästi heikentyneet viimeisimpien muutosvaiheiden ja piharakennusten kunnon heikentymisen myötä.

Rakennukset ovat säilyneet alkuperäisessä käyttötarkoituksessaan koulurakennuksina nykypäivään saakka ja jatkavat edelleen Lakarin koulun käytössä peruskorjauksen jälkeen. Alun perin vanhimmassa rakennuksessa toimi Pudasjärven kansakoulu. Vuodesta 1928 alkaen koulun nimi vaihtui uuden koulupiirin myötä Kurenalan kansakouluksi. Vuonna 1956 koulun asema muuttui, kun Pudasjärvelle rakennettiin Kurenalan keskuskansakoulu. Tuolloin rakennuksissa toimi kansalais- ja keskikoulun luokkia. Vuosina 1969–1983 rakennuksissa toimi erityiskoulu. Vuodesta 1983 alkaen rakennuksissa on toiminut peruskoulun ala-aste Lakarin koulun nimellä.

Rakennusten peruskorjaus lähivuosina on tullut ajankohtaiseksi. Peruskorjauksen yhteydessä rakennusten arkkitehtuurin ominaispiirteitä ja alkuperäistä henkeä halutaan palauttaa ja säilyttää sekä käyttää vanhoihin hirsirakennuksiin soveltuvia korjaustapoja. Lisäksi rakennusten tiloja ja toimintoja järjestellään uudelleen käyttäjän tulevaisuuden tilatarpeet ja rakennusten ominaispiirteet huomioiden. Diplomityö toimii lähtökohtana kohteen tulevalle arkkitehti- ja rakennussuunnittelulle.

Abstract

The subject of this master’s thesis was to prepare a building history survey, reference plans and accessibility review as part of the project survey for the renovation of Lakari School in Pudasjärvi, Finland. The work was carried out as a commission for the city of Pudasjärvi during the 2020–2021 academic year.

The target buildings are the two oldest buildings of Lakari School, which were built in 1884 and 1929. Lakari School has been identified as a provincially valuable site according to the North Ostrobothnia Built Cultural Environment 2015 update inventory, which means the site is cultural-historically significant.

The oldest building of the school is the first school building in Pudasjärvi. It was built for Pudasjärvi Common School founded in 1872. The second target building was built as an extension to the original school building. The buildings are rectangular, log framed and saddle-roofed common school buildings. The facades are covered with painted lake red board on board cladding and the windows are wooden chequered windows. The buildings form a courtyard with the courtyard buildings retained from the 1920s. Also, characteristic to the surroundings of the school is a tall larch boulevard, which was planted around the road by school in 1888.

The buildings and the courtyard have survived mainly in their 1929 form externally, which is at the same time the original form of the second target building and the courtyard buildings. Other key phases in the buildings’ history have been spatial changes of the oldest building during the years 1949 and 1950, the addition of staff facilities and thermal insulation in the late 1970s, the alteration from natural to mechanical ventilation and the construction of craft premises in the oldest building in 1994. The 1929 changes and overall look can be considered the most valuable transformation phase of the entire courtyard area. The interior preservation of the buildings and the integrity of the site have significantly deteriorated due to the latest changes in the target buildings and poor condition of the courtyard buildings.

The buildings have remained serving their original purpose of use as school buildings to the present day and they will remain in use by the Lakari School after the renovation. The name and the type of school operating in the buildings has changed throughout the decades: originally Pudasjärvi Common School operated in the oldest building after the building was completed. In 1928 the name of the school was changed to Kurenala Common School due to rearrangements in the school network. In 1956, the status of the buildings changed when the new Kurenala Central Common School was founded in Pudasjärvi. At that time, civic and middle school classes were operating in the buildings. From 1969 to 1983, a special school operated in the buildings. From 1983 onwards a primary school known as Lakari School has been operating in the buildings.

Renovation of the buildings has become timely over the next few years. The characteristics and original spirit of the architecture of the buildings are desired to be restored and preserved in the context of the renovation. It is also recommended to use suitable repairing methods for old log buildings. In addition, the premises and the functions of the buildings will be rearranged, taking into account the future spatial needs of the user and the characteristics of the buildings. The master’s thesis will serve as a reference for future architectural and building design of the site.

see all

Subjects:
Copyright information: © Meri-Tuuli Hietala, 2021. This publication is copyrighted. You may download, display and print it for your own personal use. Commercial use is prohibited.